Bloom – Thursday 31st of May to Monday 4th of June 2012
Following on last year’s success the Crafts Council of Ireland will have a dedicated outdoor craft area at Bloom 2012 – Ireland’s largest garden festival. The area include retail space (selection for this is completed and all spaces are allocated), workshops, demonstrations and installations.
As part of our aim to encourage people to engage with and experience craft at the event, we are looking for craftspeople who are interested in developing a craft installation to act as a centre-piece in the craft area. Proposals are sought from makers in any discipline to develop an interactive installation at the event.
Please note proposals should:
* be for projects suitable for outdoors
* ideally have a garden / nature theme or connection
* be colourful and attractive – creating a ‘wow’ piece at the heart of the craft area
* be interactive, enabling participation by people of all ages and abilities
* have detailed costings and an outline of requirements (i.e. Will there be a need for a workspace, shelter, electricity, water etc.)
The space available is approx 5m by 5m – although this can be adapted if necessary.
For more information and to register your interest please email Mary Dunne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 9916728 no later than Friday 27th April, 2012.
Completed proposals should then be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com no later than Friday 4th May, 2012.
tel: 087 9916728